Mould Maker Job Purpose: Build quality Molds and designs for luxury Bath company. Candidate must demonstrate an internal drive to complete tasks on time, according to company expectations and quality objectives.
· Repair and revise moulds
· Create Brand new Moulds
· Troubleshoot complex mould problems and help keep production moulds in efficient operating condition
· Assembly and disassembly of all components required in mould repair process
· Schedule repair/revision work in order to meet due dates. Coordinate with and provide direction for others.
· Evaluate new mould performance in production
· Set up and operate tool room equipment, including manual and/or CNC
· May be responsible for heat treating all steels commonly used in mould manufacturing
· May be responsible for welding including micro welding
· Support/communicate with production team, other mould manufacturers/repairers, apprentices and engineers
· Troubleshoot and assemble manifold system
· Maintain tools so they stay in correct working order
· Do minor maintenance on machines in tool room
· Other duties as assigned.
Two-year degree in machine tooling or similar discipline; or equivalent mix of education and experience
· Completion of apprenticeship program; or equivalent experience
· Minimum five (5) years experience at a journeyman level including exposure to a variety of mould manufacturing and plastic injection moulding processes/technologies
· Able to lift 100 lbs
· Plastics and Moulding experience
· Must be a certified Mould Maker, Red Seal an asset
· Asset: Vocational Studies Diploma (DEP) in Moulding Machine Set-up and Operation or Vocational Education Accreditation (AEP) in plastics moulding machine operation
Please submit your resume and cover letter (with salary expectations) in confidence to Valley Hiring via email by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all applications, please note that we will only be contacting successful applicants.